I was in sweats and a baggy shirt. My hair was a mess, but I didn't care. I had wondered so much about when John would propose that by the time he did, I was over wondering. I had no idea it was coming! John and I would walk around the lake often. It was our time away from the craziness of summer. Every time we crossed a bridge we would kiss. Why not, right? We started our walk and talked about who knows what! We got to one of the bigger bridges around the lake and John stopped me to give me that traditional bridge kiss. :) After our kissing was over he bent down and picked up a penny (later I found out he planted that penny there). He gave it to me and told me to make a wish (knowing what my wish would be!). I turned around and faced the water and in my head I wished "I hope he will purpose...soon." I didn't want to jinx myself! ha When I turned around to ask him if he knew what I wished for he was down on one knee with a ring in hand! *My wish was coming true!*
I don't really remember what he said, but I do remember asking "Are you serious!" a ton! Of course I said YES immediately! (and then I realized how bummish I looked!)
I'm pretty sure there were people around and knew what was going on but my eyes were glued to my new fiance the whole time! It was one of the most amazing moments of my life! We finished our walk around the lake (which was perfect time to soak everything in together). And then went and saw Johns mom who was working the clothing company (of course she knew it was happening). Slowing everyone started finding out, mostly cause I was telling everyone as they walked by!
We had dinner with Johns family that night and made sure to call all of my family that was all over the US. :)
The next day John and I had our engagement pictures taken. It was still so new and fresh and you can totally tell on our faces just how excited we were....





No comments:
Post a Comment