This last weekend turned out to be a very busy one. Where I live (Hume Lake) we run year round camps for all ages. This weekend was one of our Adult Retreats, Spring Women's to be exact. Friday, Saturday and Sunday was spent going to meeting, meals and running around doing things for our camp coordinator. At first I thought it was going to be a horrible weekend doing things that were useless and being treating bad. But to my surprise, it wasn't that at all. I ended up having a great time. The food was so good and I enjoyed getting to know some of the ladies that came. The meetings were great and my dear friend Catherine came to all of them with me. I did miss my husband as I really only ever saw him as we were getting in bed at night. But dont worry, we made up for that last night. ;)
I love being able to be a part of these things. Ive done a lot of different jobs while living at Hume, and I have to say that being the program assistant is becoming one of my favorites. I've been able to do things at and for Hume that I've never been able to do before. I enjoy the guys I work with and I enjoy the actual work that I do.
On top of working all weekend we got hit with some major snow!! At first it wasn't bad, I could handle it. But then it didn't stop and now I'm just plan over it! Coming home on Saturday I was backing into our driveway and slid and hit a tree stump. It freaked me out! I thought everything was ok until I went to open the door and I couldn't! Oh my gosh! I couldn't believe I messed up our truck! Of course I was in tears immediately and when John got home and I told him (through more tears) about it he was so sweet! He didn't care that I messed up the truck, he just cared that I was ok (which I was). He went out and looked at the truck and bent a few things here and there and now our door opens fine! Thank God! I'm so blessed to have him! So of course, naturally, I don't plan on driving in this snow anytime soon. I'm done.
I'm ready for Spring!!!
Monday, March 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment