Tonight, I am going to let you all in on my secret....
As of March 15th, I never had my license.
There it is...its out...it feels good!
Now, here is my story as to WHY I just now got my license.

The typical age to take your written drivers test is around 15 1/2. I didn't take mine until I was
21 years old! When I was 15 my family had just recently moved to St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands. On St. Croix you drive on the opposite side as you would in California (where I moved from). My mom was very insistent that I do not learn how to drive on the island. Giving me a reason to not have my license. We ended moving to Tennessee when I was 17 years old and just kept putting off taking my test. Before I knew it I was accepted to work at Hume Lake for the summer. Which in turn gave me no reason to get my license. After summer I decided to stay at Hume and work part time. I never really needed to go down the hill and when I did need to I just went with my roommate. When I was 18 I decided to stay full time for a year and within a month I had met John. A few weeks into dating John bought our (his) wonderful truck and we would always take trips down the hill together, giving my yet another reason not to have my license. When I turned 21 I decided I was
over this whole not having my license thing and I set up a day to take a written test. During the next year I would drive a little here and there but never seemed to make that appointment to have my behind the wheel. Well in January I realized I didn't have much time and I needed to take my test by March 17th. So I set up an appointment for March 15th giving me
plenty of time to practice! I got there, took my test and.....
I PASSED!!! Yay! I feel like such an adult now! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment