Saturday, March 12, 2011

Letters

This morning I went out to my shed to look for something and ended up walking back inside with a pile of letters from my sweet Grandma Tracy. She passed away a couple of years ago now and I had totally forgotten about these letters.
Looking back at the dates that she wrote them they were written in the same year she passed away. How crazy is that?
During a difficult year she still found time to write her granddaughter.
My grandma and I never had the perfect relationship. She always got mad at me when I interrupted a conversation between her and my mother. She paid more attention to my mom than any of my siblings. I'm not saying that's anything bad, that's just the way it was.
I always knew whenever we were going to my grandparents house that I would A. not plan on seeing my mom much and B. plan on playing lots of Go Fish with my grandpa (who passed a few years before grandma).
Once I grew up and moved out on my own and came to work here at Hume Lake, I believe she started seeing me differently. Not so much as her baby granddaughter but as her grown adult granddaughter. I never asked her to write me letters, that was something she chose to do on her own. And boy am I so glad she did!
They are such sweet letters telling me sometimes about her love for my grandpa. Or other letters encouraging me to read my bible and know my faith.
Even though we didn't have that perfect relationship, she really was a great grandma and I feel blessed to have been loved by such a sweet women. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't be here! :)


I miss you grandma!

No comments: