Why do people always feel the need to tell me Im too young to be married? Well you know what people...Im NOT!! Im a freakin adult just like you are. I make my own decisions. I pay my own bills. And I decided to get married...so get over it.
This may come off a little harsh and for that im sorry, but seriously, it annoys me....alot. Yes I look young. And yes I am young. But why do you get to decide weather or not Im too young. You dont. I do.
I was married when I was 19 years old and it was the best decision Ive made. I didnt go staright from my parents house into my husbands. I lived on my own for 2 years before getting married. I wasnt even near my parents which meant I had to grow up and make my own decisions. So im not a complete idiot.
Everyone says wait and "live your life." but what if I want to "live my life" with my husband? I dont want to experience everything alone. I want to share all my moments with the person I care and love the most in the world.
The funny thing about it all is about 30-40 years ago it was normal for 18, 19 and 20 year olds to get married. My mother-in-law was married at 16 and my mother at 18. Its not crazy. Its not weird. Its normal and it happens. So instead of saying "your way too young to be married" why dont you say "congratulations thats wonderful!" Then I wouldnt be sitting here frustrated at people.
I just wish people would sometimes keep their thoughts to themselves......
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know how you feel. I get told that all the time and i am 28. Plus 2 kids I get told i'm young to have kids. But i just take it and say thanks. When i am done talking. It nice to be called young still when you get older. I was 21 when i got married to your brother Chris and he was 22. We had Silas at 23 and Selah when i was 25 and Chris was 26. I don't know if this helps you a little bit. But i am very happy you found your husband to spend your life with. A year has gone by fast, yet so very awesome.
Hahaha amen! You would think we were throwing our lives away how people talk. I agree with you, I'm going to have to go through life, I might as well do it with the person I love instead of alone! I think it's great you got married young:-)
Post a Comment