Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mother Dearest






Yesterday turned out to be a tough day. I came home at lunch hopeing to rest up and get rid of this allergy attack I was having. Not 30 minutes into lunch I got a phone call from my sister letting me know that my mother was taken to the hospital in an ambulance for a possible heart attack. At first I was shocked, this stiff isnt suppossed to happen to my family. But once it hit me all I could do was cry. I wanted nothing more than to talk to my mom. I wished so bad that John and I could jump in the car and go be by her side. But I couldnt, she is in Tennesse and thats not easy to get to. I was so thankful John was home and able to be with me and calm me down. After a few hours of waiting my sister called me back and let me know that it wasnt a heart attack after all (thank God!) but that she had a block in her heart and they would be keeping her in the hospital that night to do some tests the next day. Later in the evening my dad called and I was able to talk to my mom! She was more concerned about my allergies than what was happening to her. She is such an amazing mother! It gave me some peace knowing she was ok and resting. Today she had a bunch of tests done and still they need to do more so she is staying at the hospital once again tonight. They believe she has a block on the left side of her heart and they are hopeing either medication or a stent will be able to solve the problem. She should be able to go home tomorrow night or thursday at the lastest. I was able to talk to her again today and she sounds normal and rested. Which is so good and something she def needed!



All this really freaked me out to think something could happen to my parents. I havent had enough time with them. I havent said I love you enough times. I havent gotten enough hugs. I just wish I could express to them how much I love them and still need them. How much I appreciate them and cherish them! I wouldnt be who I am today without their guidance and support. They are amazing people and wonderful parents! Im so thankful for them!! :)

1 comment:

Emma said...

How scary to have to wait to hear! Im glad John was home with you and its really true that we need to cherish every minute with the people we have sometime life is over way before it should be. But again Im so glad she is going to be okay :-) and Im glad your back to blogging