Last time I posted was the beginning summer, its been a while. Here is a quick recap of how my summer finished....
I so enjoyed my job this summer. The flexible hours, watching recreation going on outside my office window, being at the opener every Sunday night. Overall it was awesome. I enjoyed getting to know the speakers that I had been in contact with for the last 6 months and I enjoyed seeing the guys in the element. I'm excited for next year, because I know ill be able to do my job even better than I did this year.
John and I had one day off together, every Friday. That was nice. Even though I would prefer 2 days off together. haha. I'm very thankful for the one. We spent a lot of time being lazy but every now and then we would go to the cove, walk around the lake and sometimes even go down the hill for some shopping. It was great! I'm excited for Fall, for 2 days off and some quietness around camp!
Mckenzie left about a week ago. I was ready for her to go home. Having her here had its good and its bad parts. I enjoyed those moments that I got to spend with her but boy oh boy was having her here way more harder than I expected. Sure, I knew there would be some drama, maybe with friends or even boys but I was not prepared for the many times I would have to punish her or explain her wrong doings. I was not prepared for the amount of rules she would try to break or the times she would roll her eyes at me for no reason. I will admit that maybe I was a little naive with how everything would happen but I would also say that I got a 15 year old a little more immature than I thought she was. Overall it was a good summer, but as of right now, I don't think we will be doing this again next year.
I'm excited for Country Fair coming up in 2 weeks. Our friends Cody and Emily and their 2 month old baby girl Willow will be staying with us that weekend. I am so excited to spend some time with them! Its been way too long!
So in a nutshell, summer was good but I'm ready for fall! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment